I think I've started to get some stuff up and running from the manager POV. The first four chapters for MM1 have been created, as well as the segments (meaning the "drop box"-type thing for each character in each chapter.) This is where all actors will be uploading their recorded lines to. Now you're asking yourself, how do you do this? It's QUITE simple!
Directions for uploading lines:
1. Click "My To-Do" under "Actor Toolbox"
2. Click on the segment that you are going to be adding lines to (i.e., the correct chapter.)
3. Click "Edit" (located at the top of the page)
4. Click "File Attachments" (located in the middle of the page), then click the "Browse" button.
5. Locate the file that you would like to add to the segment, and click the "open" button, then click "attach"
6. Change the "Next Action By" radio button to "director." (This will signal your director that your lines are done, and that they're ready to be listened to.)
...so, directors, this probably has you wondering how YOU will be handling the lines once you get them!
Directions for locating/listening to actor lines:
1. Click "To Do (Segments)" under "Project Toolbox"
2. Select "director" under "Next Action by" (you may have to un-select other options; only director should be selected.)
3. Select your user name under "Content: Assigned (Assistant) Director - (field_direct)" and click the "apply" button.
4. The segments that are waiting for your approval/listening are located in the box at the bottom of the screen. Click on the segment that you would like to listen to.
5. Click "Add new comment" at the bottom of the page. Leave feedback (positive feed back, and constructive criticism) for the actor. Please be VERY specific if there is anything you would like them to change, that way they do not have to spend more time re-doing parts than absolutely necessary.
6. Click "Edit" at the top of the page.
7. Change the "Next Action By" radio button to "actor" (if there are any parts you would like the actor to re-do), or to "timer" (if the recording is good to go.)
Phew. That was a mouthful. If you have ANY questions please do not hesitate to contact me, Morf, WildWeathel or Mr. Guy 36 (especially the later two if it's a particularly technical question.)
Good luck, thanks, and we look forward to HEARING you! :)